One time when downloading files with the extension. rar. file could not be opened or an error occurred. If it happens, most users simply delete the damaged file. Before deleting you should do the following steps to repair the file. rar is an error
- Use WinRAR Repair: open error file with WinRAR. Then go to menu Tools > Repair Archive (hotkey Alt + R). You can also browse a folder with WinRAR and choose error file, then click Repair button in toolbar.
- In next dialog, choose folder to put repaired file and then click OK to start repair.
- File after repaired will be named fixed.
- Use RAR Repair Tool: this simple software will help you repair error rar completely. Almost corrupt files can be repaired with this software. Different with WinRAR, RAR Repair Tool do not repair anyfile. RAR Repair Tool can repair single file or check and repair all parts from a folder.
- It easy to use, just go to File > Open > choose error file and click Repair button, then choose folder to save repaired file, OK and done.
- Use RAR Recovery Toolbox: Like RAR Repair Tool, RAR Recovery Toolbox can recover all files in rar file or in all part. After recover, you can use these files without extracting.
- At first step, you need to choose source file name. You can also choose a part of WinRAR . Then click Next.
- At Select files to recover, you select all files in error rar file and click Next, select folder to save recovered data and click Next to start fixed and recover. RAR Recovery Toolbox will repair and extract all files to this folder.
- If these softwares can't help you, the last choice is redownload corrupt file. Maybe files caused error while downloading.